Search This Blog

Friday, May 14, 2010

Your first Fly Rod

As an fly casting instructor, I work with students at The Resort at Glade Springs and on the New River in southern West Virginia. When I recommend a rod to a student or angler I am trying to help them save some money and get equipment that is best for what they are going to fish for. The people in my clinics do not fly fish for a living and don't own a rod for every type of fishing. Most anglers want a rod that can do it all, from small Trout to Big Smallmouth Bass. I believe the 5 wt rod is the best all around rod as most all good fly shops will agree. You don't have to spend thousands of dollars to get into fly fishing, you can go to www.basspro.com and get a good 5 wt setup for under $200 for the rod, reel, case, backing, and line. I use Temple Fork Outfitters 4/5 wt rod for my fly fishing school at The Resort at Glade Springs I have seen these inexpensive clinic rods land Smallmouth over 20 inches and do a great job on a small tight trout stream. I fyou have always wanted to learn to fly fish come visit and I will help you learn all that you need to know to enjoy the sport on your own. PRO River Outfitters Fly Fishing School www.profishwv.com

No comments:

Post a Comment